It is situated 97 km away from the nearest railway station at Kathgodam and 13 km away from Ranikhet, a famous tourist destination.
The State Training Center for Organic Farming offers
- Training on Organic Farming: To Farmers, Extension Officers, Field Workers, Scientists, Agronomists, Horticulturists, Researchers, Service Providers, Inspectors, Marketing Personnel, and Students on various aspects of organic farming.
- Need-based training programs: For organizations and individuals.
- Research and Development facilities: For Scientists, Researchers, and Students in the field.
The trainings are supported by the latest findings of research & development and different demonstration units of composting and organic agriculture technologies available at the Center’s premises.
Projects at COF (Centre for Organic Farming) in the years 2003-06, 2005-08, and 2006-09 have been supported by Sir Ratan Tata Trust Mumbai. COF project has furnished vital support to UOCB objectives by providing human resources and building the capacity of farmers etc. UOCB has developed the organic package of practices for managing various insects, pests, disease control, and soil fertility management in collaboration with GBPUA & Tech, Pantnagar (U.S. Nagar).
The Centre also has field demonstration Units of Integrated Organic farming System with the component of organic mushrooms, organic apiary, organic poultry, fisheries, and livestock.
The average temperature ranges from 17 to 33 degree Celsius in summer with a pleasant environment, whereas in winter, occasional snowfall lowers the temperature to below 0-degree Celsius.
|Time||External Guest/ cottage (Excluding
service tax and luxury tax)
|Office Staff & Govt. personnel Guest/cottage
(Excluding service tax and luxury tax)
(April to October)
|Rs. 2700||Rs. 1740|
(November to March)
|Rs. 500||Rs. 250|
How to Reach: Route Map
- Centre Incharge/Training coordinator/
State Training and Research Center for Organic Farming (STRCOF), Majkhali, Ranikhet,Almora, Uttarakhand.
- Phone No: 05966-240393
- E mail: email@example.com
The center is spread over 15.6 hectares and boasts of